Include vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, and fats to control mental health, instead of junk food that provides instant energy.
Summers are difficult and it is easy to feel dehydrated. Eating fast food or junk food can make it worse by damaging intestinal bacteria and causing mood swings, starting with nervousness and anxiety. That’s because simple carbohydrates lead to heartburn. Even refined sugar and dessert can make you feel bloated.
During summers, one should check their water intake, in the form of juice or water-based smoothies. A plate of food, including vitamins, protein, carbohydrates, and fats, is very important in keeping mental health in check, rather than overeating junk food that provides instant energy.
Here are some suggestions for your summer diet:
- Milk is rich in antioxidants, vitamins B2 and B12, as well as protein and calcium. Lactium protein helps lower blood pressure, while the potassium in milk can help relieve tight muscles.
- Chamomile has been shown to help with the heat wave due to its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory effects. It is recommended to have a cup of chamomile tea after dinner.
- Limit or avoid alcohol and caffeine, which cause bloating after eating.
- Keep hydrated. Dehydration can cause various illnesses during summers, such as contracting a common cold, heat wave reserves, nausea, body pain, etc.
- Choose complex carbohydrates that increase the chemical serotonin. Select whole wheat bread and whole grains instead of snacks or sugary drinks.
Vitamin C, Vitamin C chaat, Vitamin C benefits, Foods with Vitamin C, immunity booster with Vitamin C, Indian Express Vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables with white word inscription by chalk
- Vitamin C is not only a physiological antioxidant but also helps regenerate other antioxidants within the body. Include foods rich in vitamin C like amla, guava, oranges, lemon, tomato, bell peppers, and green chilies.
- Having low vitamin B-12 levels can contribute to hypertension and make you feel uncomfortable. Check for vitamin deficiency in such cases.